In the digital age, signing and sending vital documents is just a few clicks away. One popular tool that has revolutionized the way we handle paperwork is DocuSign. Whether you're a professional, entrepreneur, or need to sign documents electronically, learning DocuSign saves you time and hassle. This user-friendly tutorial will guide you through confidently managing important paperwork effortlessly.
What Is DocuSign?
DocuSign is an electronic signature software that allows users to sign, send, and manage documents electronically. It eliminates the need for printing, scanning, and physically mailing documents, making it a convenient and time-saving solution for businesses and individuals alike.
With DocuSign, you can electronically sign documents, request signatures from others, and track the progress of your documents in real time. It provides a secure and legally binding way to handle important paperwork, ensuring that your documents are safe and protected throughout the entire process.
How To Use DocuSign
When it comes to using DocuSign, understanding the signing process is essential. DocuSign provides a secure and convenient way to sign documents electronically, eliminating the need for physical signatures or printing and scanning documents.
Step 1: Create an Account
The first step to start using DocuSign is to create an account. Visit the DocuSign website and click "Sign Up". Enter your email and create a password. Once done, you'll get access to your DocuSign account.
Step 2: Upload Your Document
After logging into your DocuSign account, you will be taken to the homepage. To start using DocuSign, upload the document you want to sign or send. Click "New," then choose "Send a Document" or "Sign a Document" based on your needs. You can upload a document from your computer or cloud storage, or you can choose from templates already available in DocuSign.
Step 3: Add Recipients and Signature Fields
Next, you will need to add recipients to your document. Enter the email addresses of the people who need to sign the document. You can also specify the order in which the recipients should sign. After adding recipients, simply drag and drop signature fields onto the document where they need to sign. DocuSign offers customizable fields like signature, initials, date, and text fields to suit your document's requirements.
Step 4: Customize Email Message and Options
Before sending the document, you can customize the email message that will be sent to the recipients. You can also select additional options like setting signing reminders, allowing delegation to others, and adding an expiration date. Access options by clicking the "More" button in the top-right corner.
Step 5: Send or Sign the Document
Once you have customized the email message and options, you are ready to send or sign the document. To send the document, click "Send" as the sender. Recipients will receive an email with a link to access and electronically sign the document. As a recipient, open the email and click the link to sign the document. You can sign the document using your mouse, touchscreen, or by uploading a scanned copy of your signature.
Step 6: Track and Manage the Document
After the document has been sent or signed, you can track its progress and manage it from your DocuSign account. You will be able to see who has signed the document, when they signed it, and if there are any pending signatures. You can also send reminders to recipients who have not yet signed and download a copy of the signed document for your records.
Review and Preview Editing Options
Before sending or signing the document, it is important to review and preview the editing options available. DocuSign allows you to make changes to the document if needed before it is finalized.
To review and preview editing options, you can click on the "Review and Edit" button located at the top right corner of the screen. This will open a menu where you can choose to edit the document, add additional fields or recipients, change the signing order, or make any other necessary modifications.
When making edits to the document, you can use the various editing tools provided by DocuSign. These tools allow you to add text, images, checkmarks, or other annotations to the document. You can also resize or reposition the signature fields, initials boxes, or other fields as needed.
Once you have made all the necessary edits, you can preview the document to ensure that everything is correct. The preview option allows you to view the document as the recipients will see it. This is a crucial step to ensure that the document appears exactly as intended and that all the fields and information are in the correct places.
If you need to make any further changes, you can go back to the editing options and make the necessary modifications. Once you are satisfied with the document, you can proceed to send or sign it as mentioned in step 5.
How Do I Customize The Signature Field On DocuSign?
DocuSign offers a variety of options to customize the signature field according to your needs. By customizing the signature field, you can ensure that it aligns with your brand and enhances the overall user experience. Here are the steps to customize the signature field on DocuSign:
- Log in to your DocuSign account: Go to the DocuSign website and sign in using your account credentials.
- Select the document: Choose the document that you want to add a customized signature field to. To upload the document, click the "Upload" button if not done yet.
- Access the Signature Field: Select the document, then click the "Sign" button at the top of the page. This will open the signature field options.
- Customize the Signature Field: In the signature field options, you can choose from various customization options. Here are some key options you can modify:
- A) Signature Style: Select the type of signature you want to use. DocuSign offers three options - Draw, Type, or Upload. You can choose the option that best suits your preference.
- B) Signature Font: Customize the font style and size of your signature.
- C) Signature Color: Choose the color of the signature ink to align with your brand or personal preference.
- D) Signature Placement: Drag and drop the signature field to the desired location within the document.
- Save and Apply Changes: Customize the signature field as desired, then save the changes by clicking "Save" or "Apply Changes".
- Preview the Signature Field: Before finalizing the document, it is important to preview how the signature field will appear to the recipients. This will ensure that the customization is applied correctly and the signature field aligns with your branding.
- Make Further Adjustments if Needed: To adjust the signature field further, revisit the customization options and modify as needed. Take your time to ensure that the signature field is exactly how you want it before proceeding.
- Send or Sign the Document: Once you're satisfied with customizing the signature field, you can proceed to send the document to recipients or sign it yourself. DocuSign provides options to send the document via email or other methods, depending on your preferences.
In conclusion, DocuSign has become a game-changer in our digital era, transforming how we handle documents. Its user-friendly platform streamlines the signing process, eliminating the need for printing, scanning, and mailing. With DocuSign, you can confidently manage documents, from adding recipients and signature fields to customizing messages and tracking progress. The ability to review, edit, and customize signature fields adds a layer of personalization. Embrace DocuSign to simplify your paperwork, save time, and ensure secure, efficient document handling for all your professional and personal needs.
At Artlogo, we are experts in creating distinctive handwritten signatures, logos, and more. We specialize in providing professionals from various industries with the opportunity to make a lasting impression wherever they go. Enhance your personal brand with Artlogo.